FROM INDIA

50 years on, still ‘clowning’ around
January 31st, 2011
DC Correspondent, Bengaluru
Jan. 30: He made people laugh for 50 years with his performances in the circus arena.
Today, the 64-year-old Thulasidas Chaudhary made people emotional by performing to the immortal song, ‘Jeena Yaha, Marna Yaha’.
There’s a lot to learn from the life of this clown, who entertained audiences under the Big Top for almost 5 decades. Mr. Thulasidas started his career with the Great Bombay Circus at the age of 13. After working here for almost 5 decades, he considers the circus his home. For his contribution to the circus fraternity, he was felicitated on Sunday for his achievements.
Pouring his heart out, Thulasidas Chaudhary said: “Even when I really cry, the audience thinks I am just putting on an act to make them laugh. I have my own sorrows, but it is my duty to make others laugh, which I have done successfully for the past 50 years and will continue to do till my last breath
read more at: http://www.deccanchronicle.com/bengaluru/50-years-still-%E2%80%98clowning%E2%80%99-around-993